Friday, October 30, 2015

Utah Trip

We flew out to Utah for a few days in October to see General Conference, to see some of the family, to see close family-friends, and to see UConn football play their furthest away game ever at BYU.  The stars seem to be aligning, inviting us to make the trip, so we decided to say yes!

At one session of conference, we sat with the younger kids of our great friends the Durrants.  This is a blackmail photo to show their parents how diligent Lil' Gracie was at staying awake, while the boys, well... see for yourself... :) hehe







Never one to pass up a museum-like opportunity, I got a nice chance to look at the many works of art on display in the Conference Center.  One that really caught my eye was the one below called She Shall Find What Is Lost, by Brian Kershisnik.  It was particularly poignant to view this and think about some recent events in my family, xoxo:


Also, I immediately recognized the painting as being by the same person who painted this unique Nativity, one of my favorites:

Both of these are GIANT paintings.  Nativity was on display in the BYU Museum of Art while I attended, and I loved going to look at it in person.


At some point on our trip, I contracted what we can only describe as food poisoning, so I spent much of the second half of our stay in bed.  If you hear your friends at church complaining about some gross lady barfing her guts out in the garbage can right in front of the Conference Center (that would be me...) tell them to be nice and that at least it was IN the garbage can!  That was definitely the low point for me.


The highlight, on the other hand, came right at the beginning of our stay when I convinced Jack to hike to the Timpanogos Caves with me!  It was an astoundingly beautiful day and the caves were so cool inside.

Jack wasn't too sure about the hiking part (to be fair, it is very steep, with the trail often next to sheer cliff walls-- rather a scary sight at some spots).  But he did admit, once we got to the bottom again, that he "might do that again" in several years.  I'll take it!


No comments:

Post a Comment